On how you can license or buy our photography
Most of our pictures are available in two ways:
- Licensing: when you want to use the images for publication, for example in a magazine, in a book, in a leaflet, on a web site etc. This is in other words all professional use. The licensing fee is dependent on how the images will be used.
- Buy prints: buy a physical print of a picture. This is for purely personal use. See the page on buying prints for details. More information on buying prints on the Buy Photo Prints page.
The purchasing process is described here.
How to license a digital image
You can license a photo for professional use, for example for publishing in magazines or books, or for promotional use.
Most images can be licensed. All images are licensed as “Rights Managed” (RM) photos. (We do not work with so-called Royalty Free (RF) images.)
RM means that you specify the use for the image and pricing is set according to those specification. The image can be used only for the purpose that has been specified. Any (ANY!) other use is subject to separate licensing/agreement.
For information, on releases: none of our images have “model release” or “property release”.
How to license (or buy print) – step by step:
This may look complicated when described in a text as below, but in reality it is a very simple step-by-step process. It is really very simple!
It is worth underlining that although payment is processed by PayPal it is not necessary to have a PayPal account. Payment with credit/debit card is just as easy and follows the same process. On the PayPal welcome page you just choose “I don’t have a PayPal account” or “pay with credit card”.
In short, this is how it works:
- login to your account;
- select the image(s);
- Specify DOWNLOAD for licensing
- Specify PRINTS for buying prints
In a bit more detail:
- Click on Client Login and login with your account
(If this is the first time you visit the site then you will need to create an account. Click on “sign up for a free account”. This will create a “buyer’s account” on Photoshelter. Photoshelter is the online photo library platform BKWine Photography uses.)
- Go to the “image details page”of the image you want to license/buy.
The “image detail page” is the one with the big size photo on the screen.
- Click on “License or buy print”, above the image
- Fill in the details: Click the “Downloads” tab to license an image for professional use (publishing etc). Click “Prints” for buying prints.
You will need to specify the usage details for the image.
- Click on “Add to cart” and continue searching images or on “Add and checkout” if you are done selecting images.
- Go to the “Cart” (checkout)
Verify that you have the images you want in the cart and that the licensing (or print) details are correct!
- Click on “checkout”You will be asked for your address details (it’s called “shipping information” but it’s “shipping” only if you buy a print. If you are licensing an image with electronic download then there are of course no shipping involved.)
- Review your order (once again), select that you agree to terms & conditions and continue to PayPal for payment.
Important: You DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT. You can pay either directly with credit card OR with a PayPal account.If you have a coupon code you fill it in here.
- Complete payment details and do the payment EITHER with credit/debit card OR with PayPal.
Once payment is completed, click on the button “Return to Abako Wine Vision Sarl”. Abako Wine Vision Sarl is the name of our French photo management and licensing company who, from a contractual point of view, supplies the image(s).
- You return to the invoice page on BKWine Photography.
Here you can print the receipt, for your records.You will also receive email confirmations with the invoice details from both PayPal and BKWine Photography / Abako
- You will soon receive an email with download links for the images you licensed (if your purchase was licensing)
- Go to the My Downloads page, following the link in the email and download the image.
The download link is only valid 10 days! The download link delivers a zip file with the image, an xmp file with image details and a RIGHTS.txt file with the licensing details.
Delivery over FTP and payment against invoice
For those customers that we have established a more permanent working relation with there is also the option to have photos delivered over FTP and to pay against invoice. Contact us if you want to discuss that with us.