Early this year I started to use my smartphone to shoot video. I also thought it would be convenient to use a tablet to do the editing, especially when travelling. (Back home I use Sony Vegas to edit my videos.) But it turned out to be quite a challenge to find a decent Android video […]
The video quality from smartphones can be greatly enhanced by using a tripod mount / stand, that allows you to put your smartphone in a holder on a tripod. Two excellent options as smartphone mounts are the Joby GripTight Micro Stand and The Glif. Here is a review of the two. Both are excellent and […]
The world’s oldest living organisms in pictures How old do you think the world’s oldest living thing is? … … … No, it’s older. Rachel Sussman has made a photo project on photographing the world’s oldest living organisms. She has taken pictures of parsley, strangulating fungi, old trees, brain coral. Her starting point was that […]
Just a quick note to let you know that part 2 of the interview with Denis Dubourdieu, winemaker and consultant in Bordeaux, is now live on BKWine TV.
Our latest wine video is an interview with South Africa’s first black woman winemaker. See it on our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkwine in our video section on BKWine Magazine
- Foglia tonda, who dares to bet on the unknown Tuscan grape with the round leaves?
- Sauvignon blanc, loved and maligned, but who makes the best? | Britt on Forbes
- Piedmont’s treasure of lesser-known native grape varieties
- A big surprise: Rålund, wine made from blueberries
- The giant Distell in South Africa is investing in premium wines