Help your visitors to find their way around your site by putting useful information in the footer of your website!
When we redesigned our websites it was the occasion to give some thought to what we put in the footer. Here are some things that can be useful:
- Copyright notice (don’t forget to update the date every year!)
- Contact information or link to contact page
- Site map
- Link to other sites that you have
- Products or services pages
- Support link
- Newsletter subscription link
- Social media links, badges or feeds: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- RSS feed
- Recent posts and/or comments
In our case we decided to have some of those items in the main menu bar at the top of the page too. Much of the above was not relevant for us either.
You can see below what we ended up choosing. It is similar (but not identical) on all four sites.